Monday 20 August 2012

Salmon, lentils, yoghurt

I didn't take a picture of this one before eating it - a little out of blogging practice.

But a simple, delicious, diet friendly supper.

I baked two salmon fillets in a foil parcel with a slice of lemon, salt, pepper and a pat of butter.

Meanwhile, I cooked some puy lentils. (ok, I cheated. I opened and heated a pre cooked packet. Next time I'll just boil them, it's as easy, cheaper, and you can add stock and make it taste nicer.)

I seasoned fat-free Greek yoghurt with lemon, salt, pepper, and a pinch of cayenne pepper.

Then I stirred basil and salt through the lentils.

I served the salmon balanced on a bed of lentils, with the juices and the yoghurt sprinkled over.

The whole meal took twenty minutes - including about five minutes actual work.

And it was wonderful.

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah! Welcome back.

    And this sounds like something to add to the supper list...

    ReplyDelete