Wednesday 25 May 2011

Knitting in progress: the shawl is nearly there!

I'm still working on this shawl (last blog post here).

In fact, I'm hoping to finish it by the end of the week.

It's still going well - I finished the main body without too many problems.

And the edging pattern itself is fairly simple - and one where any mistakes become apparent instantly, so can be fixed.

But before I could start on it I had to pick up and knit over 400 stitches from the edging - a process I hate when it's just 20 stitches, let alone twenty times twenty.

The only way I managed to do it even slightly evenly was by putting in stitch markers at regular intervals - I divided the edge into half again, and again, until I knew roughly 27 stitches had to go between each stitch marker. That made it much easier.

I must have gone wrong somewhere because when I approached the point I wasn't where I should have been in the pattern repeat, but I had enough warning to bodge it and make it work out!

No comments:

Post a Comment